So you have decided to buy a new PC? It might be a perplex situation to get rid of the old system, but wait there are many uses for old computers, so just don’t take it as a piece of crap.
Some cool uses are:
- Media Storage – If you like music and have a huge collection of songs and photos, then dedicate the old computer specifically for this purpose, provided the Hard Drive is still functioning.
- Standalone Security System– Install Linux on this old system and connect to it to the computer with operating system installed. This way you can provide maximum security to your new computer.
- Get Money – Well if you haven’t got enough space at home to keep both computers, then try selling it on eBay or other such sites. You may get a good bargain for that!
- Donate – There many people who can’t afford a computer so ask people in your community or relatives who need a PC for simple operations. It could make their life better!
- Computer CCTV – Make that computer a CCTV managed computer. In that way you can strengthen security of your house plus record all the movements in and around the house.
- Upgrade – You can use some parts of the old system to assemble a new one for example hard drive, RAM, casing, wires etc.
There are many other uses for old computers. All you need is a little research on how to constructively dispose off your old system.